We are excited to start planning the inaugural 2023 Biennial Conference, and we are now requesting/opening the call for proposals for an ideal location. This conference will be held in mid to late 2023 for 4 to 5 days. We anticipate in-person attendance of 300 to 600 people, depending on the location. You would work with ISRB Board of Directors to plan the meeting and shape the scientific program.
Please submit a proposal, up to two pages, describing the following components:
- Location and nearby airport(s) Have you or others hosted previous conferences at this location?
- Local organizing committee
- Venue, including meeting rooms and lodging (included expected costs of hotel rooms).
- Draft schedule of sessions including time for invited keynote speakers, speakers selected from submitted abstracts, poster sessions, meals, other components and outings. Please include a brief description of virtual components of meeting for those who are unable to travel to the meeting site.
- A proposed budget, including meeting expenses. Indicate if these costs include professional conference organization. Indicate expected fundraising, including local institutional sponsorships, company sponsorships, funds from grants, and income from suggested conference fees. The ISRB is likely to be able to raise additional funds through pursuit of sponsorships or meeting grants; however, please note that major contributions from host institutions are typically required to finance a meeting of this size.
Submit your proposals to email@example.com. Proposals are due by August 1, 2021 and will be reviewed by members of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors.